Rivers are the heart of the natural world, and the heart of everything that we do. Ribble Rivers Trust aims to conserve and improve the River Ribble, and all the rivers that flow into it, for wildlife and people.

For over two decades our dedicated team have been using their vast knowledge of the local area, and the natural world, to improve over 375 miles of rivers in Lancashire and North Yorkshire. As a charity, all this work is made possible thanks to grants and donations like yours.

You can help protect your rivers from just £3.00 per month. Plus, as a supporter of the Trust you will get an exclusive preview of our annual newsletter, monthly email updates, and exclusive content including workshops, training, and presentations.


Legacies can have a huge impact on small charities and can help to ensure the continuing care and protection for your rivers, their wildlife, and local residents for years to come.

There are three ways to leave a legacy; a residuary legacy donates a specific percentage to Ribble Rivers Trust, a pecuniary legacy leaves us a specific amount, or the donation of a specific item. Leaving a legacy can also reduce the percentage of inheritance tax you pay.

If you’d like more information about legacies please contact us by clicking here or call us on 01200 444452.

Corporate Supporters

The trust has several categories for corporate supporters running from Bronze through to Platinum. You can download our leaflet about support categories and supporters benefits here. You can also find out who our current corporate supporters are by clicking here.

If you would like to talk to us about corporate support, or other forms of corporate support please contact us

Our corporate supporters package may not be suitable for all business, so why not consider a one-off company donation?  The Trust can use your money to sponsor a specific activity that your organisation is interested in, from our primary education packages to the restoration of peatlands for carbon capture.

If you think this is something your organisation would be interested in please contact us by clicking here or call us on 01200 444452.

Riparian Landowner Supporters

As a riparian owner, you see first-hand more than anyone else the negative impacts surrounding the health our local rivers and streams. Issues such as pollution can have a direct impact on your land, whereas a clean river that is abundant in wildlife is a much more attractive asset that can be enjoyed by everyone. A healthy river is a valuable resource to have – help us keep your rivers clean and healthy.

Angling Club/Association Supporters

As an angler, a healthy river is paramount to the quality of fishing. Your club can support the work we do as a whole ensuring that continued improvement to your river and fishing are made, from the top of the catchment to the estuary.

Angling clubs will receive copies of our newsletters to pass round to members.  If you wish to join as an angling club, please send a completed supporter form along with a cheque for the relevant amount to:  Ribble Rivers Trust, c/o Hanson Cement Ribblesdale Works, West Bradford Rd, Clitheroe, BB7 4QF


Gift Aid your support if you want the Ribble Catchment Conservation Trust Ltd (Registered Charity No 1070672) to treat all donations you make as a Gift Aid Donation, from the date of your start supporting us until you notify the trust otherwise or cancel your support.

Explanatory notes;

  • For every £1 donated under the Gift Aid scheme, Ribble Catchment Conservation Trust can recover from HMRC a further 25p at no extra cost to you.  Gift Aid is reclaimed by our charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year.
  • You must be a UK taxpayer to make a valid Gift. If you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in the tax year, it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
  • Higher rate tax relief can be claimed by your on Gift Aid Donations.
  • A Declaration can be cancelled at any time by notifying us. It must cease if you no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.