We’re a small charity that receives no direct government funding and rely principally on applying for grant funding to deliver improvement projects across the catchment. We have a membership scheme for those who care about rivers as much as we do. Membership provides vital funding to support the continuing work of the Trust. It also helps us to keep those supporting us informed of our current activities and opportunities, and goes a long way to ensuring our rivers are improved and protected for generations to come.

There are several categories of membership and you can join online below or by downloading and posting the membership form.  If you would prefer to make a simple donation, use the donation button on the right hand side.

Privacy Notice
We will only use the contact details you provide to communicate with you about your membership, including our AGM. We keep your details secure and don’t share them with any third parties (unless you’ve selected GiftAid, in which case your details will be passed to HMRC).Should you wish to cancel your membership at a later date, you may do so by contacting us and requesting that your details be removed.

Individual Membership:

By becoming an individual member you will be the first to hear about our projects via our annual newsletter and e-newsletters. You will also receive a car window sticker to show your support and a membership card, which entitles you to discounts with our partners.

Gift Aid It?

Life Membership:

As a life member, you will receive all the benefits of individual membership, year after year, for a one-off payment.

Gift Aid It?

Riparian Landowner Membership:

As a riparian owner, you see first-hand more than anyone else the negative impacts surrounding the health our local rivers and streams. Issues such as pollution can have a direct impact on your land, whereas a clean river that is abundant in wildlife is a much more attractive asset that can be enjoyed by everyone. A healthy river is a valuable resource to have – help us keep your rivers clean and healthy.

Gift Aid It?

Angling Club/Association Membership:

As an angler, a healthy river is paramount to the quality of fishing. Your club can support the work we do as a whole ensuring that continued improvement to your river and fishing are made, from the top of the catchment to the estuary.

Guideline membership fees are as follows;

Under 50 members


50 – 100 members


100-200 members


Over 200 members


Angling clubs will receive copies of our newsletters to pass round to members.  If you wish to join as an angling club, please send a completed membership form along with a cheque for the relevant amount to this address.

Corporate Membership:

The trust has several categories of corporate membership running from Bronze through to Platinum. You can download our leaflet about membership categories and membership benefits here. You can also find out who our current corporate supporters are by clicking here.

As a guide the value of each membership category are as follows:









If you would like to talk to us about corporate membership, or other forms of corporate support please contact us

Membership Catagory


Gift Aid your membership if you want the Ribble Catchment Conservation Trust LTD (Registered Charity No 1070672) to treat all donations you make as a Gift Aid Donation, from the date of your membership until you notify the trust otherwise or cancel your membership.

Explanatory notes;

  • For every £1 donated under the Gift Aid scheme, Ribble Catchment Conservation Trust can recover a further 25p at no extra cost to you.  Gift Aid is reclaimed by our charity from the tax you pay for the current tax year.
  • You must be a UK taxpayer to make a valid Gift. If you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in the tax year, it is your responsibility to pay any difference.
  • Higher rate tax relief can be claimed by your on Gift Aid Donations.
  • A Declaration can be cancelled at any time by notifying us. It must cease if you no longer pay sufficient tax on your income and/or capital gains.