Invasive non-native species (or INNS) have received a huge amount of coverage in our volunteer emails, social media, and the news recently. Hogweed has been particularly well covered as, yet again, we are seeing people badly affected by hogweeds harmful sap which has been causing blisters and burns.

Next spring, we are hoping to launch the INNS Free Ribble project which will see Ribble Rivers Trust carry out a program of work to control invasive species, including hogweed, across the catchment. The project will bring together landowners (who are responsible for the control of invasive species), local councils, our supporters and volunteers, and the public.

However, we will need your help!

Raising funds for invasive species control is really difficult and is the hardest activity to find funding support for, as such we are seeking funds from a range of sources, including the public.

Costs such as training, equipment, and materials for volunteers and staff, and monitoring and project coordination are often not eligible for payment from grants, so we rely on donations to fund these core costs.

Specialist training and equipment is needed to treat Giant Hogweed, and so the treatment cannot be done by the general public or our volunteers due to the risks it poses, which is one of the reasons we are hoping to raise the funds needed to try and eradicate it.

To ensure we can get this project off the ground we are looking to raise an £5000 from public donations. As always, all the money we raise goes directly into improving our rivers, and green spaces, and making them safer for everyone.

If you aren’t in a position to donate to the project then don’t worry, you can still help by signing up for volunteering– many hands make light work! You can also help us by recording your sightings at ywt-data.org/inns-mapper. By submitting records of giant hogweed, you can help us to assess the size of the problem and gather evidence showing the need for funding to help eradicate it from the Ribble catchment.

Support our invasive species campaign

£70 of £5,000 raised

Thank you for choosing to donate to the Ribble Rivers Trust’s invasive species campaign! As always, all the money we raise goes directly into improving our rivers, and green spaces, and your donation will make these areas safer for everyone.

Please set the amount you would like to give below.

Thank you for making a donation with us!


Custom Amount

Select Payment Method
Personal Info

Billing Details

Ribble Rivers Trust

Support our invasive species campaign
Reclaim Gift Aid

Gift Aid It!Add 25% more to your donation at no cost to you. A Gift Aid declaration allows Ribble Rivers Trust to claim tax back on eligible donations. It means that for every £1 you donate to Ribble Rivers Trust we can claim back 25p from HMRC, at no extra cost to you.

By ticking the "Yes" box, I agree I would like Ribble Rivers Trust to reclaim the tax from HMRC on all qualifying donations I have made, as well as any future donations, until I notify them otherwise. I understand that if I pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all my donations in that tax year I may be asked to pay any difference. I understand that Ribble Rivers Trust will reclaim 25p of tax from HMRC on every £1 that I give.

What is Gift Aid?

Gift Aid does not cost you a penny more, but can add an additional 25p to every £1 you donate. When Ribble Rivers Trust receives a donation from a UK taxpayer, we're entitled to claim an amount of tax (calculated at the basic rate of income tax in that year) paid on that donation. Once you have given your permission for us to do this on your behalf, there is no need for you to do anything else.

All that is required is that you must be a taxpayer and that would have paid or will pay sufficient Income and/or Capital Gains Tax to cover all the Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in that tax year. Please note that it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

The amount of tax we claim will be 25% of the total value of your donations in that tax year. Furthermore, if you are a higher taxpayer, you are also entitled to claim the difference between the basic rate which we will claim and the amount of tax you have actually paid. For further details on how you can do this, please contact your tax office. If your tax situation changes and your gifts will no longer be eligible for the Gift Aid scheme please contact us and we will amend your record accordingly.

Take me to my donation »


Donation Total: £5.00